Monday, November 7, 2016

Family!




Hello! Sorry this email is going to be short, didn't really have a
great week, but I'll share as much as I can! So Monday was Halloween
and we weren't allowed to go out on Halloween so we visited people
during the day, for the rest of the day we cleaned the apartment.

Tuesday we had a great day! We met this guy named Craig who was super
mean to us when we knocked into him, then we caught his interest. We
taught him the restoration and we could tell by the type of questions
he was asking that he had been exposed to a lot of anti. But after the
lesson we asked if he would pray. And surprisingly he accepted! That
never happens! But he prayed and asked about the Book of Mormon in the
prayer and it was such a cool experience, because he paused after he
said it.. he finished the prayer and told us that he would read it. He
said he felt like he should give it a chance. So the spirit was real
in that lesson! It was so cool! The rest of the day we got to go up
and help a member rake his leaves and after we threw his kids into the
giant pile. Haha kids love me in this ward for some reason.

Anyway Wednesday was the typical missionary day with a lot of
contacting people in the area book. We gave up trying potentials and
started finding less actives in Ashland. We found a couple more of
them and honestly it wasn't a good experience. About half of the
people who do not get contacted regularly by home teachers, want their
names removed. So we have the excellent privilege to do that. We make
a note of it and send it into the bishop. It's pretty depressing and I
really don't like doing it. So we had a dinner Wednesday night with
Bro mills, and he was super sick. So we had dinner and went out to
teach this lady named Virginia. Who isn't really interested in getting
baptized. But she knows the Book of Mormon is true because she reads
it with her bible regularly.

Thursday is where the week went south. My companion woke up with an
itch in his throat, which I denied because I really did not want to
get sick. We still worked though. We went up to ruther glen and found
some more less actives. It wasn't a super productive day because we
had to weekly plan which took longer than expected.. after that though
we went over to an investigators house and I cooked for them! It was
awesome! I made chicken adobo which was shown to me by brother Allred.
They all loved it and the kids actually ate it which was a surprise to
me because they never eat anything. Anyway it was fun to share a meal
with them!

Friday we woke up super early to go teach seminary! We have to wake up
around 5:30 to make it to the church building on time. I have a new
found respect for the kids that have to get up that early to go to
seminary. Anyway we taught about Jesus and his Transfiguration. But it
was only me teaching because Ellsworth woke up to a worsening
sickness. So he didn't feel good and sat in the corner. But I was able
to test my missionary teaching skills to the youth. Sister walsh, the
Sister that usually teaches seminary, told us that we did a great job
and should take over her calling😂 but we like the extra hour of sleep
we get in the morning too much... after wards we gave the only boy in
the class a ride to school. He's going to be a stellar missionary some
day. We did do some contacting but Ellsworth was not doing well so we
had to go home early.

Saturday we had to do some service but due to the severity of my
companions cold/flu virus we weren't able to make it. We spent a lot
of time inside. While he rested I was able to start the Book of Mormon
again which I've been meaning to do for some time now!

Today was awesome because we did have an old investigator show up to
church, but he still is not willing to have the discussions with us.
He came because his friend, on of the wards recent converts, was going
to bear his testimony. So it was good anyway because he had an
opportunity to see his friends witness of Christ! Hopefully he will
have us over in the future to continue the lessons and further his
faith in Christ!

Anyway I'm really hoping I don't catch whatever my comp has. It sounds
like a total nightmare. I really don't want to wake up tomorrow with a
sore throat cause that's how it starts. Anyway I hope he gets better
and we are able to leave the apartment soon. If I get sick, hopefully
it won't be as bad and I can still do something. Being stuck inside is
making me crazy.. I love you all so much and found this amazing verse
in 2nd nephi 30 while reading today:

"5 And the gospel of Jesus Christ shall be declared among them;
wherefore, they shall be restored unto the knowledge of their fathers,
and also to the knowledge of Jesus Christ, which was had among their
fathers.

6 And then shall they rejoice; for they shall know that it is a
blessing unto them from the hand of God; and their scales of darkness
shall begin to fall from their eyes; and many generations shall not
pass away among them, save they shall be a pure and a delightsome
people."

That is one of my newest favorites from the Book of Mormon. Anyway
love you all and hope you have a great week! I'lol have plenty of time
today to reply to emails so send plenty😁

~Elder Caleb Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment