Monday, June 20, 2016

I'm training today?


This week was full of funny experiences here and there. The first one
was we were able to teach one of our potential investigators we've
been trying to get in touch with. And we didn't have any more Book of
Mormons... So we were stressing out for a while and he said oh that's
okay I'll just order one.. Well if you know the church system, when
somebody orders a Book of Mormon they order a pair of missionaries as
well. Haha so the next day we get a referral and it was him! It was a
funny thing that happened. But we were able to take a Book of Mormon
back to him and share more about it.

The next day we had a district meeting that both Elder Nielsen and I
forgot about. So we bust into Charlottesville at the last minute and
barely made it. The best part about that was that I was supposed to
give a training? So I questioned that logic for a while but I did end
up training. It was the weirdest, shortest, most under spoken training
I've ever given. I had literally no time to prepare hahahaha.

The last part of the week were slammed full of service. For Thursday
to Saturday we barely got into pross clothes. But it was good back
breaking work! The first service was with Eddie Creasy, and we go to
his house and help him with his horses. They are the most beautiful
horses you'll ever see. But he has back problems so we help him with
the more stressing work. After that we went to an investigators house
to do more service. We helped him clean out rocks from his flag pole.
He was super grateful and took us out for some bbq! So it was worth
it!

On Friday we exchanged with the district leader and I worked in the
Spanish area. I always enjoy going to that area because it gives me a
totally different perspective on missionary work. I can hardly
understand what is being said but the message is still the same. We
taught a couple people and went tracting for the rest of the time. One
thing I do like about being an English missionary is that I can do
door approaches better than Spanish elders. Haha just kidding, but I
have been getting better at door approaches. Ummm then we went to play
soccer with some of their investigators and that was a blast! Super
fun.

So then we exchanged back on Saturday. Saturday morning we helped an
investigator move into the area. Haha without having us 4 missionaries
and Brother Allred there, they would've been unloading that truck for
hours.. It took us 30 minutes! So that was pretty cool and we got a
new investigator!

We had stake conference as well this week. It was a neat experience to
have a general authority there to talk and give discussions. Can't
remember his name but he gave some really neat talks.

Anyway! Love all of y'all and hope that it isn't too weird having
another kid gone.

- Elder Caleb Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment