Monday, April 18, 2016

Last week of the transfer


Well I'm getting into the last week of the transfer. This last week
was awesome! As well as interesting. We started the week off with a
trip to the Traveller's, afterwards we went to play sports with the
neighboring elders. We had a district meeting on Tuesday which was a
ton of fun because Elder Giddings forgot to call people to train so it
basically turned into a huge discussion. After the district meeting I
was privileged to go on an exchange with the zone leaders and have
them train me. I still feel like I'm not learning anything from them
though. The week continued with missed appointments and people not
answering. We were not able to reach our weekly teaching goals... But
sometimes it happens and you have to keep pushing on. The last bit of
the week was a ton of fun. We helped do some service for the ward and
on Saturday we were invited to a birthday party for one of the
members. After the party we kept doing service for the ward and were
invited to the fundraiser for the Girl Scouts! We ate sloppy joes and
had a blast with the ward. We ended it with a excellent Sunday!

TIME HAS FLOWN! As this transfer starts to wind down I'm realizing it
more and more. I'm almost 5 months out already and I still feel like
I'm brand new to the mission! Apparently that is a universal feeling.
My companion only has 4 months left and he says it feels like he just
barely walked off the plane. It's strange to look at the time line and
see how fast it's been moving. I've been trying my hardest to continue
to write in my journal and keep it updated but I always am just too
tired and lack motivation to write in it. I'm trying my hardest
though!

Mark 13:13 "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but
he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." - keep
Christ in your thoughts at all times!

Thank you all for the love and support, I hope that all is well back
home and everyone is healthy! It's starting to get super hot out here
and the humidity is really starting to hit me. Anyway I'm still loving
Virginia and hope that this next transfer I will be moved around and
continue seeing more of it! Love you all a ton!

- Elder Caleb Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment