Monday, April 25, 2016

Transfers



Elder Tobey eh'





This week was awesome. Full of ups and downs for sure, so I'll start with the first day. On Monday we were able to have an Elders pday which is basically a pday where all the elders in the zone play sports together. We had an awesome day playing plenty of basketball and oompa. Since the transfer was winding down we had to say goodbye to tow of the elders who finished their missions. I've been able to get close to all of the elders and make everlasting friendships. Elder Tobey is someone who is unstoppable! He is probably the most humble person I've ever met. He radiates happiness and positivity. I said goodbye to these elders as they end their missions and start their life. I've met so many people out here that humble me every day. One of these people I speak of is Elyaz. We were able to teach him on Tuesday. He is Turkish and doesn't speak much English. When we first met him it was very hard to communicate with him. But I had an in. Bulent! We called him on his phone and were able to introduce the gospel to him and get him excited about the gospel. But the most amazing thing about this lesson was that I could see him change. When we first came over we talked a little bit about his life and what he does and he seemed almost depressed. After about 2 minutes on the phone with Bulent his attitude changed completely. He was smiling and laughing on the phone and his wife even was smiling! It was something that I thought was incredible. We let Bulent talk to him and we sat back and listened to the conversation. And honestly the Turkish language sounds frighteningly complicated. But it was an awesome experience. On Wednesday, we talked to an investigator, who is currently on date, about the word of wisdom. We told her about coffee and smoking and she was first heartbroken that she had to give up coffee.. But we continued talking to her about why it is so important.

She finally agreed to give up coffee and smoking. She is an awesome lady who told us that she believed in the Book of Mormon and told us that if God sent the book to her that she will listen to everything else he sends! The rest of the week spiraled down to Saturday which was the day that we get transfer calls. I knew I was getting called and was prepared for it. But coming to that realization was hard for me because I've spent the last 5 months here in Fredericksburg and it almost feels like home now. On Sunday I got as many emails and contact information from the families here and said goodbye to them. I love everyone here in the ward but I'll be back to visit! I'm ready for the next area and the people who I'm going to meet and hopefully help! There was a lot more that I could share with you but I'm out of time!  Love you all and hope everyone is ready for summer! Stay strong!

1 Nephi 16:29 "...And thus we see that by small means the Lord can bring about great things." (Remember that everything you do, big or small, is making a difference.)

- Elder Caleb Gibbons

Pictures from the Fredericksburg ward

No comments:

Post a Comment