Monday, July 25, 2016

Pioneer Day celebration!


This week was definitely slower than last week. But some good came out of it!
We had a super fun pday with the other elders in the zone. It was
super hot outside and to top it off it was like 60% humidity out side.
The rest of the week was just a giant blaze. It was like upper 90's
the entire week. We are in a huge heat wave.

So we did a ton of service this week. The first day was Wednesday and
we spent like all day power washing junk off of the concrete. It was
so hot and miserable haha. But we endured lol! The next day of service
we thought was going to be setting up chairs and tables, getting
everything ready for the party. Nope. More power washing. So after we
finished the power washing we thought we were going to set up table
and not do so much back breaking work.. Nope. A giant truck came with
a ton of black mulch and we spread it all. Every little piece. I guess
there is a lesson to this though! Even though life isn't what we
expect it's going to be we need to endure to enjoy the splendors of
our labor. In this case the party! It was so much fun! We were blessed
to have a couple of investigators there and they had a total blast! So
looking back, yes the work was hard, yes my back still aches from
shoveling mulch... But it was all worth it when we were able to enjoy
our work with people who are looking for the gospel! So it was a
humbling week for sure.

But yesterday I learned probably more about the deep end of the
gospel, then I even knew was possible. It's crazy to me because the
more and more I learn, the more and more the basic principles of the
gospel make sense to me! It's fun to learn more and read about the
prophets encounters with the Lord. Oh, also I started to read Jesus
the Christ again. This time I'm going to read cover to cover instead
of jumping around. I am super pumped to learn more as I read!
Hopefully my enthusiasm isn't worrying any of you. It is a 800 pg book
after all.

Anyway I love you all! Hope all is well. And soon Elder Jacob Gibbons
with be flying into Arizona!

Scripture to live by: Matthew 22:
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy
heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Have a great week and love thy neighbor.

~Elder Caleb Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment