Monday, September 5, 2016

Hello from Scotchtown!

The Allreds who I miss like crazy

the mousers and tom. Favorite roommates in the world.

New comp and my main homie Elder Giddings

Sooo I got transferred this last week and it was pretty crazy. I wanna
give ya run down from when I emailed you last.

So getting transferred out of Rivanna was hard, and I'm still missing
the ward like crazy.. But nevertheless, I did get to say goodbye to
most of the ward members and investigators. After that I basically
packed and said goodbye to the people I lived with. It was hard
because they were straight family to us. So we had a member drive me
and my companion down to transfer meeting at Short Pump in Richmond.
Afterwards I did figure out who and where I'm going to be serving.
Drumroll.. Haha I'm serving in the Scotchtown ward with Elder
Ellsworth!

Okay so I'll start with the area. Scotchtown is an area just above
Richmond, it covers a lot of trailer parks and isn't really a whole
lot to enjoy, but it is a great place nonetheless. So there is a HUGE
different between Rivanna and Scotchtown. First being that the people
here are straight crazies. They are absolutely off their rockers and
it's hilarious. The first person that we taught together was convinced
that in a month, the government was going to be dissolved and marshal
law was going to be established. I think there is something in the
water that makes people this way. So other than the conspiracy
theorists and crazy people who don't know how to drive, the ward
members here are awesome. They are super supportive of missionary work
and are actually really involved! This was was pretty much founded on
one family, the Beazleys. So when they were baptized, they converted
everyone they new. So this ward was basically fueled by them.

Now my companion, Elder Ellsworth, is super cool! He trained one of my
friends from the MTC. I heard he was a great guy and when I heard that
we were being put together I was super excited! So we are killing it
in Scotchtown right now with like 5 on date. Sooo hopefully there will
be some baptisms soon!

Anyway, I'm super excited to be where I am and if I haven't shared
this scripture with you already it is the coolest psalm ever..

Psalms 116:
1 I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.
2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon
him as long as I live.

I love the lord because I know he is everywhere for me even though I
have faults. I will continue to struggle as long as I shall live and
know that when I fall he will help me back up and get me to where I
need to be.

I love y'all a ton and miss you like crazy! Hope you are having a
great Labor Day weekend!

~Elder Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment