Monday, December 5, 2016

Holiday Seasons 🎅🏻🎄

I'll be honest, this week was slower than the rest. Scotchtown is an
interesting place, you'll be teaching and teaching and then, it all
stops... strange...

Pday we decided to go bowling, which I was excited for, until I
remembered I couldn't bowl. First game I got like a 70? Yeah pretty
bad.. but I had fun and we were able to hang out with the Spanish
elders.

The beginning of the week we focused on less active members. The ward
has been wanting us to go check on these people for some time now, so
we got an opportunity to do so. We basically spent the entire day
running around and trying to find people! We were somewhat
unsuccessful. We did however meet another lady who didn't even know
there was a church near to her! So hopefully we can get her to come
back to church. The best part about less active work, is that people
are nice to you. Compared to tracting where you generally get
uninterested, grumpy people. So it's refreshing just to talk to nice
people once in a while.

We spent about the first two days of the week doing less active work
and we had a miracle of sorts. We drove up to bowling green for an
appointment with an old investigator. We got gas and for some reason I
drove to bowling green, which we normally don't do. But I pulled up my
map and went to the first less actives house I saw, David Paul. We
rode up to a junk yard and knocked on the abandoned house anyway. We
were about to give up and we heard a truck coming down the road. She
pulled up infront of the house and didn't see us at first, then we
caught her attention. Her name was Traci and she was Paul's Mother in
law. We talked to her and found out that she was coming down to feed
the dogs, which she normally doesn't do at 3 in the afternoon (not to
mention that her dogs have already been fed). She was probably one of
the nicest people I've ever met. She told us about the hard time that
Paul was going through and said that we were a godsend. She gave us
his address and I knew that we had to go see him. So when we were
saying goodbye to Traci, she told us that she wanted us to come back!
It was so out of the blue! And she said that her daughters would love
to hear our message as well. A MIRACLE. So we thanked her and set up
an appointment for this coming week, and headed over to Paul's real
address. It was over in a small small town named Sparta. At this point
in our day we were about 30 miles away from home. We found his little
house behind 2 miles of a gravel road and met him. He started telling
us about the things that had happened to him. I won't devulge in this
email, kinda personal, but he did say that he prayed for the first
time in years that afternoon, around the same time we were getting
gas. This entire experience was super humbling for me personally. We
literally were watching how Heavenly Father moved us around. I know we
are servants and tools for God, especially when his children are in a
faith crisis. I don't even have words to describe the entire
experience, but it was awesome and I hope I can keep having them!

The rest of the week we had a bunch of meetings.. I also made a health
contract with one of the members in our ward. It's like a 30 day
health challenge type thing. Hopefully it will work for me! Anyway
I'll share a scripture now

Moroni 7:37 "Behold I say unto you, Nay; for it is by faith that
miracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and
minister unto men; wherefore, if these things have ceased wo be unto
the children of men, for it is because of unbelief, and all is vain."

I love faith, I think you all know that.. anyway keep on keepin on, I
love y'all very much! Talk to you soon!

~Elder Caleb Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment