Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Drop off thoughts and pictures

Today we dropped Caleb off at the MTC.  It was an interesting day for all of us.  Arla is usually so stately and reserved about showing her emotions in public but today she was emotional and rightly so.  I think it would have been another day for me but it's hard to see her broken up like that.

Caleb was great.  I could tell he was excited to get checked in and everything went like we anticipated and before long we were watching him walk away with one of the greeters.  As he walked away, Arla said, "He looks so great".

In 1987 essentially the same thing happened to me and I certainly didn't appreciate it then.  Today, I realized that life had come full circle now it was Caleb's turn.  Life is interesting that way.

It was a wonderful day.




No comments:

Post a Comment