Friday, December 11, 2015

Week 2!

There is a strange phenomenon that happens at the MTC. The days are long, but the weeks are short. I cannot believe I'm leaving the MTC on monday! Anyways, I thought I'd send you a synopsis of my very very short week here:

Sunday was the best. We went to sacrament and priesthood, then we were able to go on a temple walk. We took our zone just around the temple and took pictures. I feel like we really bonded as a zone.
Monday and Tuesday were essentially the same. We woke up around 6:30 and went to breakfast around 7. Class for 3 hours then lunch. Then more class and then dinner. Then more class and then we got a chance to do some zone teaching. Me and Elder Wamsley taught the zone how to think like a missionary. I think that this teaching moment for us really built us as Zone leaders. We taught about how to teach with the spirit and how to recognize the spirits promptings. 
Wednesday was soo cool because I got to re-live my first day at the MTC by showing the new missionaries around. We were able to learn more about the missionaries and really made them feel welcome. All I tried to do was just share the love I felt when I was a freshie at the MTC. We have amazing people in our zone including some deaf elders. Elder Cross is a recent convert who dropped his entire life to come and serve a mission. He's 24. Elder Blazard was born with deafness in one ear and the other ear only partially working with progressing deafness.. He can read lips and is an amazing person. And Elder Match was born in the church but his family fell away when we was young. However he was taught by the missionaries and became baptized when he was 12. He can speak 2 languages in sign and is a super funny dude! They are teaching us sign language and we love them so much. Our testimonies have strengthened dramatically because of running into them. They will be great missionaries
Thursday we were able to do in field orientation. We learn about transitioning to missionary life. How to contact more people and how to set goals and achieve them. We also learned that expectations = results. And we also learned how to interact with the ward members and how to get along with our ward. In the end I felt like it was a great way to learn how to be a missionary. I learned so much in that day than I ever would in a classroom. 
And that brings us to today... I am really looking forward to today because we are going to the temple! Our entire zone goes today at 2:15. 

So next week! I leave for the airport at 3:30 and our flight leaves for Virginia at 7, with a connecting flight to Atlanta to drop some of the sisters off. I will be able to call you at the airport before I leave between 5:30 and 6:30. Its kind of early but its the only time that I can. Then when I get into Virginia I will be able to call again and let you know everything is good. I miss my little sisters! You guys are the best and I'm sad I won't be there for the next two years to play with you guys. And I miss Jacob and Adam. You guys were awesome and I hope all is well with you two. And Sydney! Thanks for your support on your door. Pretty cool how they're all hand made! And Dad and Mom! I miss our personal interviews.. I didn't think I would miss those but I really do. 


 Thank you for your prayers and hopefully I'll be able to write again soon!
   
District Pic
Elder Cross in the middle

No comments:

Post a Comment