Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Fwd: πŸ‚❄️


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Caleb Gibbons <cgibbons@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 1:26 PM
Subject: πŸ‚❄️
To: Dad <gibbons.paul@gmail.com>, Arla Gibbons <gibbons.arla@gmail.com>


So here's something cool that happened this week. We had interviews
with the mission president and he said in his interview, that every
missionary can bring their own spice to the area. So that stuck with
me because I thought that the only kind of missionary work here was
tracting. So I was thinking about it all day Wednesday and then
Thursday we got a chance to weekly plan. And I flipped open preach my
gospel to see if it suggests any other ways to find new investigators.
Then I don't know what it was but all the sudden I felt like we needed
to start a bible study. The more I thought about it the more it made
sense. So I talked to my comp about it and he loved it. The following
night we went to the ward mission leader and presented our idea to
him. He suggested some small tweaks but he was so excited about it.
The next day we decided to involve the rest of the district, because
all the wards are pretty close to each other. We held an informal
district meeting and the entire district was super pumped about it! So
that same night, he bishop was cleaning the church. We stopped and
quickly pitched it to him. He also loved it! So Saturday we pretty
much finalized everything for the Bible study class, and the Brother
that came out on exchanges with us was apart of public affairs. So we
went over to his house and now he is going to write an article about
it in the paper. He said it was perfect timing, because the stake
needed something to put in the paper. Sunday rolled around and we had
ward council. We presented our plan to them and sure enough, everyone
loved it. So we go through church and the stake president comes up to
us because he wants to know what we are doing. At first we thought he
wanted to shut it down, but he was hyped. We told us that he felt like
this is inspired. They were actually having a stake correlation
meeting after church, and he wanted to know what it was so he could
council with the other bishops and ward mission leaders.

So I'm trying to be humble about this entire situation, but I really
feel like this is what the work here needs. I'm hoping and praying
that this will actually work. If it doesn't, I'll find something else.
If it does, then I know God threw that idea into my head. It's weird
how just a small little seed of an idea, can eventually turn into a
stake wide activity. It is still just boggling my mind the involvement
and excitement from everyone. After church we had a couple people come
up to us and give us advice. We also had the teachers tell us the best
way to teach non-members. Anyway, that was my week.

Love ya.

~Elder Caleb Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment