Monday, January 23, 2017

Tropical January🌤🌦


This week was so cool. I don't know where to begin and I don't think
this letter will be all that long. So I'll start from the beginning:
District meeting. Our district is awesome and we had a sweet district
meeting. That was on Tuesday. Wednesday I had an opportunity to go
finding with Elder Jensen. It was different cause I was in his area,
and because I'm so use to the work in G-ville it threw me off. So we
went contacting and found a couple people. The last person we found
was a Muslim.. and a combative one. He started asking questions about
Christianity in general. So we did get a little heated with that one.
That's the first real antagonistic person I've met up here..

The rest of the week was awesome. We didn't teach as much as I
would've liked to.. But we did find two investigators that seem pretty
solid. Hopefully we can start teaching them. The work is pretty much
all finding in G-ville. So we've been coming up with new methods of
finding that hopefully will help the work. One thing in particular we
are both pretty excited about. We are going to be starting a bible
study class! So that will be fun to see how that works out.

Sorry this one is short! We didn't really have much going on!
Yesterday there was a shooting nearby, that was exciting! We were
trying to get to an appointment and there were so many cops around.
They wouldn't let us into the complex. So that was cool.

This scripture in Alma 36 stuck out to me this last week:
"25 Yea, and now behold, O my son, the Lord doth give me exceedingly
great joy in the fruit of my labors;

26 For because of the word which he has imparted unto me, behold, many
have been born of God, and have tasted as I have tasted, and have seen
eye to eye as I have seen; therefore they do know of these things of
which I have spoken, as I do know; and the knowledge which I have is
of God."

I love you all! Have a great week!

~Elder Caleb Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment