Monday, May 16, 2016

Halfway through the transfer!


So this week was pretty straight forward. We had a district meeting
and talked about how we can be consectrated in the work. After that we
worked the rest of the week.

On Thursday we had an incident with one of the members. We gave her a
blessing about two weeks ago when I first got here because she was
complaining about a pressure in her chest. She had been to the
hospital to check it out but the hospital just gave her an antibiotic
because of a misdiagnosis. Anyway she had a massive heart attack on
Thursday and we were asked to go give her a blessing the following
day. She was put into a coma and didn't asked for it but the family
did. We gave her a blessing and said a prayer with the family. It is
such a weird thing when things like that happen to the members out
here. Hope she improves.

So after we had a strange lesson with a less active member, we were
driving home and about half a mile down the road we heard a *thud*.
Then I thought that it could've been my iPad. And when I realized that
it was I felt so stupid. We turned around and looked for it about a
half hour but couldn't find it anywhere. So I said a quick prayer to
myself that I would be able to find it and that it wasn't totally
destroyed. After all we were going about 60 MPH... Well I finally
found it in the middle of the road and to my amazement it was
completely untouched. The glass screen protector was shattered, but
when I peeled it off to see it the screen was damaged, I found that it
hadn't even been scuffed. THAT'S CRAZY! My mind still can't comprehend
what happened! It was a huge blessing that it hadn't even been
touched.

Anyway I hope that all is well at home. During my studies, I was
reading the account of Alma and Zoram. Found in Alma 32:26-28

26 Now, as I said concerning faith--that it was not a perfect
knowledge--even so it is with my words. Ye cannot know of their surety
at first, unto perfection, any more than faith is a perfect knowledge.

27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an
experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even
if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you,
even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion
of my words.

28 Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place,
that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true
seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that
ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell
within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will
begin to say within yourselves--It must needs be that this is a good
seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul;
yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to
be delicious to me.

Love you all so much! Talk to you next week!

- Elder Caleb Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment