Monday, January 25, 2016

First Transfer

A lot of things out here are moving way to fast. The first transfer is over and my 2 month mark is just around the corner. I'll sum up this last week as best as I can! On Monday we had another cold one with the wind chill around 5°. And the cold here is a lot different than the cold in Utah. We ended up hanging out with the zone leaders and the neighboring elders. We visited as many people as we could before the storm rolled in for the weekend. Oh and by the way we got a lot of snow out here! So I'm not to sure how I feel about Virginia snow. I went out to enjoy the snow like you would in Utah, and it's the most hard packed stuff ever. It sucks. No way I will ever ski on the east coast... We were suppose to use the snow as an opportunity to serve others with snow removal, however we are right in the middle of a 3 sq mile apartment garden. AND to add to the difficulty of trekking through the snow to go shovel driveways, we didn't have shovels. So I thought it was always awkward to knock on the door and ask them if we could shovel their driveway with their own shovels. The other thing
that was awkward is people asked us what we charged even after we explained that we were missionaries. We got a lot of shoveling done on Sunday when it stopped snowing and the sun came out. We actually helped dig cars out of the snow. That was fun to see everyone try to get out before we got to them. We ended up shoveling snow for 6 hours.. And Elder Hudson is starting to feel the soreness.

I'm glad everyone is over the sickness. I don't enjoy being sick. And take some pictures of the cruise next week and get them too me! Oh and I almost forgot. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMANTHA!! You'll be getting a birthday gift from me in the mail pretty soon.

Well I think that's all for now! Stay warm and be safe! Much love!

- Elder Caleb Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment