Monday, January 4, 2016

Challenge for Sydney


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Caleb Gibbons <cgibbons@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 6:32 AM
Subject: Re:
To: Paul Gibbons <gibbons.paul@gmail.com>


Hi Sydney! Hope everything is all good there! I've heard all about
beaver and already told the girls that when I get back I'll take you
all skiing! It will be a fun little trip. And I'm glad that the girls
are making progress. I hope all of you are better than I al by the
time I get back!
So I was thinking about something last night that kept coming back to
me. New Years resolutions.. Of course I have a couple but for some
reason I was thinking about resolutions for back home. So I'll only
set goals for the oldest kids. So one that came to my mind for you was
of course music. You're one of the most talented singers/performers
know and I want to challenge you while I'm not there. There's two
parts. Are you ready for the goal?

 "Don't limit your self; Expand your musical inventory but learning or
relearning a musical instrument. Share the gift of music; Sing to
people whenever you see a need. Sing as often as you can in church,
school, and around the house. Singing is a gift from above and you
were fortuned enough to receive it. Why not share it?"

I believe that by doing this you will see growth and happiness.
Exercising your talents will bless you. And you will be blessed more
ways than you could imagine. (Matt 25)
Love ya sis! Let me know how it's going!

- Elder Caleb Gibbons

> On Jan 3, 2016, at 7:32 PM, Paul Gibbons <gibbons.paul@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey, Caleb!
>
> I hope you are doing great!  A new year has started, even though it doesn't feel like it at all.  In these three first days of the new year, I have learned that its hard for me to keep new year's resolutions, I am not ready to go back to school, and that Sariah will probably never learn how to pronounce library (libary) and granola (ganerla) right.  It's alright though because I think it is super cute.
> Yesterday, we went to Beaver with the girls and they took lessons for two hours of the time we were there.  On the lift afterwards, I asked Sariah what she learned.  She couldn't remember anything but how to turn.  Then she said, "Ooh, I also learned that there are invisible goats on Goat Trail!"  I laughed but she persisted on making me believe in the magical goats.  "No, really!  They steal your poles and sometimes even your skis and snowboards!  And then when I was on it, I heard a baaaaa but it was only Samantha."  She is actually a pretty good little skier and likes to refer to herself as a "PERfessional".
> We miss you!!!!  Hope that you are having a blast!  After all, life is what you make of it.
> Love you!
>
> Sydney :)

No comments:

Post a Comment